Sausage and Sauerkraut has always been my favorite comfort food meal since I was a little girl. Now as an adult it brings back such memories, but I decided to switch it up the last time I made it and I now have a new favorite called Slow Cooker Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut.
I would request Sausage and Sauerkraut for my birthday dinner every year and now I will make this tasty recipe this year! This delicious meal is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! In my recipe for Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut I use breakfast sausage links. I most always serve Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato and Buttery Brussel Sprouts with this wonderful recipe.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 bag of sauerkraut
- 1 pkg (1 lb) breakfast sausage links
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of Angry Orchard
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- Heat a large pot over med-high heat.
- Add breakfast sausage links to pot and pour bottle of Angry Orchard in.
- Soft boil the sausage links for about 15 minutes and pour the skillet into the crockpot..
- Cut open sauerkraut bag and squeeze just the juice out into a drain.
- Add sauerkraut to the crockpot, stir well.
- Add apples and place lid on.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Check out these other delicious recipes: