We love Mexican food. In fact we like to have it once a week. This easy and delicious recipe is perfect for Taco Tuesday or any other night of the week! Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are an easy freezer meal the whole family will love. Serve it as a salad or with tortillas. We enjoyed this as tacos the first night and as leftovers the next night on a taco salad. We like to serve with sour cream, cheese, shredded lettuce and avocado. It is a complete meal for us.
This is a healthy recipe that is Whole30 compliant and Paleo. You can spice it up with more cumin, paprika and chili powder. My family doesn’t like spicy but if yours does feel free to experiment. You could even add a container of salsa or rotel instead of the chicken broth.
A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh. I LOVE their chicken! As you can see they are large. I only need to use (2) chicken breasts to equal 20 oz. After your recipe cooks simply take two forks and easily shred your chicken into shredded meat that is perfect for serving on tacos or salad. You will love how easy it is to shred. You can drain all of the liquid from the chicken and enjoy.
- 4 chicken breasts (20 oz)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ onion sliced
- 2 green peppers sliced
- salt/pepper (optional)
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Dump in all ingredients into a gallon size storage bag and mix thoroughly.
- Remove all air from the bag and freeze.
- When ready to prepare remove from the freezer and thaw overnight.
- Place all contents into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.
- Serve as tacos or on a salad. We like to serve with sour cream, cheese, shredded lettuce and avocado.