March is National Nutrition Month – a month dedicated to making nutritious food choices and implementing healthy eating habits. If you are trying to make healthy choices or looking to increase your fiber you are going to LOVE this snack or dessert idea.
This is a nutritious recipe that is easy to whip up and is packed with nutritional benefits. Chia seeds are fiber-filled and good for your digestive system and are heart-healthy. I had never tried chia pudding before but I have heard about it online and several of my friends enjoy it.
I prepared this on Monday evening and ate it with lunch today and it has a great flavor! I think you can adjust the flavor to suit your needs. One idea I would like to try is using cocoa powder. You can thin it with more almond milk to suit your desired consistency.
Banana Chia Pudding Recipe is perfect to prep ahead and grab on your way out the door. It also makes a great dessert too! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Organic Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- In a sealable container, combine mashed banana, coconut or almond milk, and honey/agave.
- Close the container and shake to mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the chia and flax seeds and shake again.
- Refrigerate for at 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Serve with cut bananas and a sprinkle of flax seeds on top.
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Two Ingredient Sorbet – Dairy Free and Sugar Free