Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is hands down our family favorite chicken recipe. It is a weekly staple at our house. We like that you can can eat it whole or shred it and serve on buns. Regardless of how you choose to serve it your family will be happy you did.
This is a great freezer meal. Freezer Cooking saves me so much time and money when it comes to menu planning. When I plan in advance I am able to save myself the dreaded question of “what is for dinner”. I simply select one of my freezer meals from the deep freezer and place it into the refrigerator the night before. No worries if you forget. Just pull one out in the morning and run some hot water over “to loosen” and place into your slow cooker. I find that if you are going to be gone for an 8 hour work day that placing them in semi-frozen works well for cook time too.
This is a recipe the whole family will love. I like to serve this with Cole Slaw and Curly Fries.
- 4 chicken breasts, (20 oz)
- BBQ sauce, 10 oz (I use Tessemae's)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper (optional)
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Dump in all ingredients into a gallon size storage bag and mix thoroughly.
- Remove all air from the bag and freeze.
- When ready to prepare remove from the freezer and thaw overnight.
- Place all contents into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.