Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken is hands down my husbands favorite healthy slow cooker recipe. He loves it and could eat it every single week. In fact it is one of mine too! It is so yummy shredded over a salad or on a bun. I like it without any bread and it fills me when I am limiting carbs.
This is a great freezer meal. Freezer Cooking saves me so much time and money when it comes to menu planning. When I plan in advance I am able to save myself the dreaded question of “what is for dinner”.
I simply select one of my freezer meals from the deep freezer and place it into the refrigerator the night before. No worries if you forget. Just pull one out in the morning and run some hot water over “to loosen” and place into your slow cooker. I find that if you are going to be gone for an 8 hour work day that placing them in semi-frozen works well for cook time too.
- 4 chicken breasts (20 oz)
- 1 bottle Franks Red Hot Sauce, 12 oz
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper (optional)
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Dump into a gallon size storage container.
- Dump in all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Remove all air from the bag and freeze.
- When ready to prepare remove from the freezer and thaw overnight.
- Place all contents into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.