Mushroom Meatballs recipe is one of my favorite meals from my childhood. I love to make this meal because it takes me back to much simpler times in my life. I also love the taste of it and so does my family. Now this is not a quick easy recipe nor is it one of my infamous crockpot recipes. But it is a dinner meal that is made from love and worth every minute it takes to make it.
I start by making homemade meatballs and rolling them out onto a baking sheet. I cook them in the oven then drain the grease and place them in a casserole dish. This is when I add in the mushroom gravy and seasonings. Place foil over the casserole dish and back in the oven it goes. During this time I like to make Old Fashion Mashed Potatoes and green beans as side dishes with the Mushroom Meatballs.
Once the Mushroom Meatballs are done I plate everything and enjoy this comfort food with my family. As we sit around the dinner table eating together and talking about our day, I reminisce back to my childhood days around the dinner table enjoying the same meal. Be sure to try this tasty recipe, you will not be disappointed at all!
- 1 lb ground beef or chuck
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 jars (about 10 oz each) mushroom gravy
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a casserole dish and pour gravy over the meatballs.
- Cover with foil and place back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve right away.