Crockpot Honey Chicken and Apples is a fabulous recipe that is Paleo, Clean Eating and Gluten Free! Most of all is great because it’s a slow cooker recipe. By now most of you know that I love using my crockpots to help me save time in the kitchen. This recipe was so easy to prepare, it took me less than 10 minutes to assemble it together and place in the slow cooker.
To prepare simply slice slits in the chicken breasts. Place 1-2 apple slices per slit. Place 3/4 of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot. Drizzle 1/2 of the honey over apple slices. Place chicken breasts on top of apple slices. Sprinkle cinnamon over everything. Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything. Place lid on and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove from slow cooker, slice and serve with apples on top.
This recipe is perfect for fall. I love to cook with apples in the fall. If you go to an apple picking farm this would be a great recipe for you to try.
It slowly cooked all day and the house smelled amazing with the cinnamon and honey. The chicken was so tender and full of flavor! My family loved it and can’t wait for me to make it again! This delicious Crockpot Honey Chicken and Apples goes well with Roasted Asparagus.
I hope you enjoy this delicious chicken recipe as much as we did. It is perfect on a cool fall day! It is soon to be a family favorite once you give it a try!
- 3-4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large granny smith apples. sliced
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Slice slits in chicken breasts.
- Place 1-2 apple slices per slit.
- Place ¾ of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot.
- Drizzle ½ of the honey over apple slices.
- Place chicken breasts on top of apple slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over everything.
- Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker, slice and serve with apples on top.