This super Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe is the perfect dessert for Autumn! The hardest part of this dessert is not eating all of it by yourself. It really is that yummy! We recently went to an apple farm and picked fresh apples. The boys and I had a blast doing this together. It was such great fun for the Fall, even though it hasn’t really felt like Fall here in Northern Kentucky. When I told the boys to pick some extra apples for a recipe that I was going to make, they were on a mission.
For myself I had all the ingredients I needed to make this apple cobbler in my pantry. The apples were the only ingredient I had to get. So I got busy peeling and cutting the apples. Once I got that done then I got the rest of the ingredients on to my kitchen counter. Then I started with mixing the apples with the sugar and cinnamon.
Next I melted the butter in the baking dish that I was using. I like to use glass baking dishes, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Up next was mixing the batter together. I did this in a large mixing bowl then I poured it over the melted butter.
Now I was ready to put the apple in. I carefully used a large wooden spoon to scoop onto the batter, so that I would be able to get it all in the pan without mixing the butter and batter too much.
Then it went in the oven and almost an hour later I had Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe ready for an after dinner dessert! Be sure to give this Fall dessert recipe a try, you will not be disappointed at all.
- 6 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup margarine
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar, stir together.
- Next add milk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add baking powder, stirring until combined.
- Pour batter over melted butter, do not stir.
- Pour apples evenly over batter and butter, once again do not stir.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until edges are browned and filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly, before serving.
- Perfect with a a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy: