This Easy Chicken with Rice and Gravy Recipe is the absolute best! My whole family loved this meal and the best thing is that it was so simple to prepare with only 3 ingredients. You can also season with salt and pepper if you desire. I do season my rice before topping with the chicken and gravy, but if you want to wait until serving you can also do that. As most of you know, I love recipes that I can make in my slow cooker or in 30 minutes and that have very few ingredients. So this super easy 30 minute chicken recipe was a win-win for me. Plus it tasted really good, even with simple ingredients. My husband said it tasted like a comfort meal and was very fulfilling.
All you need for this amazing dinner is chicken breasts, prepared rice and jars of chicken gravy. Place the chicken in boiling water and leave it be for twenty minutes. You can prepare the rice during that time, then you shred the chicken and add in the gravy and let it heat up. Serve the chicken gravy mix over seasoned rice and you have Easy Chicken with Rice and Gravy Recipe. Be sure to try this recipe soon!
I hope you give this delicious Easy Chicken with Rice and Gravy Recipe a try. It is so good and easy to make. My entire family can’t wait until I make it again. This recipe is also great if you are feeding a large crowd, just double or triple the recipe. It is an affordable recipe and you could easily use any kind of chicken (dark or white meat) for this recipe. Be sure to add Easy Chicken with Rice and Gravy Recipe to your menu plan, you will not be disappointed at all!
Easy Chicken with Rice and Gravy Recipe
- 2 to 3 lb chicken (breasts or tenders)
- 2 (12 oz) jars of prepared chicken gravy
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 cups rice. prepare according to package directions
- Place chicken in pot of boiling water, be sure that the chicken is covered in the water.
- Boil chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and dump out water.
- Shred chicken and add back to pot.
- Stir in gravy jars.
- Heat over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- While that is heating, prepare your rice according to package directions.
- Once the rice is prepared, scoop 1 cup rice in bowls, season with salt and pepper if desired and top with chicken and gravy.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes You May Enjoy: