This easy Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Recipe is super delicious and beware you can not eat just one piece! Well you could if you have better self control then me when it comes to pumpkin anything. I am not sorry that I love pumpkin everything, especially when it gets Fall time. I love when this time comes around because everything that has pumpkin makes me want to try it at least once. I am so glad I tried this recipe because I am now putting this recipe on my Thanksgiving menu plan. Especially since you only need two ingredients! You can serve the cake as is, or with whipped cream or a frosting. I did a homemade butter frosting on the pumpkin cake and we loved it.
All you need is a box of chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin, or you can use two cups of fresh pumpkin. But if you use fresh pumpkin make sure it has been cooked and mashed. Mix together the cake mix package and pumpkin. It will be thick and that is normal. Spread into a greased pan and bake in the oven according to the cake mix package directions. Once it is done, let it cool then serve. Or you can top with whipped cream or frosting. It is yummy either way!
It was hard to wait for the cake to come out of the oven and cool off so I could taste it. Let me just say the wait was worth it for the Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Recipe. My hubby wants me to make it again and take it to our family’s Halloween party. Be sure to make these sweet, delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree or 2 cups fresh pumpkin that has been cooked and mashed
- 1 (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix box
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and pumpkin together.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve as is or top with whipped cream or frosting (which is what I did with Homemade Butter Frosting).
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy: