This delicious and super easy to make Homemade Buttercream Frosting Recipe is the perfect topping for any cake, fruit or dessert. This recipe is simple to make and only has three ingredients! Which you may have in your kitchen right now. For myself, these ingredients are staples in my kitchen and pantry. It would be very rare if I did not have margarine, milk or powdered sugar. Yes those are the ingredients you need. See I told you it would be something you have in your kitchen.
All you need to do in making this creamy, sweet frosting is mix everything together. Start by creaming the butter with a mixer. Next add in the powdered sugar and milk in small amounts, until you reach the consistency you want. If you refrigerate the frosting it will help it to firm up. Making it a little easier to spread. Some people like to add vanilla extract to the frosting to give it more sweetness. Just add a teaspoon or two, it is naturally sweet on it’s own. This Homemade Butter Frosting Recipe is great on cinnamon rolls too. It will melt perfectly on them right out of the oven.
If you like this recipe then you will love Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing Recipe too. Be sure to give it a try too. It is a perfect topping for cakes, fruit and banana bread as well.
We hope you enjoy this delicious homemade buttercream frosting as much as we do. It turns a simply cake mix cake into a delicious treat that everyone will be raving about! Trust us this is a kitchen secret you will enjoy!
Homemade Butter Frosting
- 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter (or margarine) (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- Cream the butter in a medium size mixing bowl with a mixer.
- Once the butter is creamed, add in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk.
- Cream together on low.
- Slowly add in small amounts of powdered sugar to the mixture and cream together.
- Keep repeating this until you reach your desired consistency, add in more milk if needed too.
- To sweeten the frosting you can also add in vanilla extract.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.