Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 16 hours
Total time: 16 hours 10 mins
- 6 pounds medium apples, any variety will work
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Peel, core, and slice apples in fourths.
- Put them in the crockpot with the vanilla, sugar and spices.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once apples are very tender, mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Continue to cook on low for another 5-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
I used a mixture of granny smith and gala apples.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/11/crockpot-apple-butter/