|Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes |
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 15 mins
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 red potatoes, quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Do not use as much onion if using green onions. I only used a 1/2 an onion.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/12/crockpot-bacon-cheese-potatoes-2/