Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 30 mins
- 3 egg yolks (large eggs)
- 3 egg whites (large eggs)
- (If you don't want to use raw eggs then you can substitute ¾ cup heavy whipping cream instead)
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Rum (or you can use ½ tsp - 1 tsp. rum extract)
- 5.3 oz package Ladyfingers
- 1¼ (10 oz) cups brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Soak the ladyfingers well in coffee.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl beat 3 egg yolks with sugar, then add the mascarpone cheese and rum (or rum extract).
- (If you are not using eggs when you beat the whipping cream with the sugar and add to the mascarpone cheese with rum or rum extract)
- Carefully fold egg whites into the cream mixture. Do not overmix.
- Arrange the soaked lady fingers in a shallow glass pan (I used a 9x9 pan).
- Cover them with ½ of the cream mixture.
- Add another layer of lady fingers.
- Cover with a layer of cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- I used a pampered chef shaker to lightly dust or a sifter or sieve would work.
- I used Schar Gluten Free Lady Fingers to make this a gluten free recipe.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2013/01/homemade-tiramisu/