Melissa and I were invited to speak in Lexington at the Regional Cooperative Extension Holiday Meeting and we had the pleasure of seeing Tootsie Nelson speak and cook! She hosts a Cooking Show on Channel 18 in Lexington, KY. Cranberry Nut Bread with Orange Cranberry Delight was one of the recipes that was prepared for us! It was WONDERFUL! It is perfect for a Holiday breakfast or brunch. The topping is amazing! We decided to share this delicious recipe with all of you.
It is perfect for Christmas brunch or breakfast. The bread is moist and delicious but the topping is really what makes it! I would encourage you to give this recipe a try. Melissa and I both loved it. Of course you can’t go wrong with cranberries at Christmas time. We hope you enjoy this Cranberry Nut Bread with Orange Cranberry Delight as much as we do!
Cranberry Nut Bread with Orange Cranberry Delight
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- Orange Cranberry Delight Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar or splenda
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and stir to coat.
- Combine the egg, oil, orange juice, and orange zest in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to completely cool.
- Orange Cranberry Delight Topping Directions
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the orange juice concentrate.
- Stir in pecans, cranberries, and sugar.
- Chill, covered for 8-10 hours. Serve with crackers or Cranberry Nut Bread.
- If using the Orange Cranberry Delight for a topping make the night before!