Aunt Murna’s Jam Cake is perfect for the Holiday’s. This recipe reminds me of my Aunt who always brought Jam Cake to Christmas.
Aunt Murna's Jam Cake Recipe
Yield 12 -16
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 jar (12 ounces) blackberry jam or 1 cup homemade blackberry jam
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- CARAMEL ICING:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Soak raisins in pineapple and juice several hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add jam and buttermilk; beat until well blended.
- Sift together dry ingredients; add to batter.
- Beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in the raisins, pineapple and pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- For icing, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cool just until warm; beat in enough confectioners' sugar until icing achieves spreading consistency.
- Add more sugar for thicker icing; more milk to thin it.
- Frost cooled cake.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Posts You May Enjoy: