Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie is a great side dish or meal! Of course you can’t go wrong with potatoes and bacon. You can serve this with salad or veggies and gluten free bread for a complete meal. It is great with leftover mashed potatoes too!
I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie
This dish works equally well for either breakfast or dinner!
- 4 cups cooked, mashed potato
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (the type in the carton)
- Full package of nitrate-free bacon
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice potatoes; boil for approximately 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Saute bacon until crispy; pat dry of grease. Then, cut into small pieces or crumble by hand.
- Mash potatoes with hand masher or large fork.
- Put the potato, pepper, salt, coconut milk, and bacon in large bowl and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into the pie pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top has become lightly browned.
Adapted from "Potato Bacon Pie" in The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham.
Gluten Free Recipes: