Grilled Cheese & Pepper Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Spoon onto two bread slices; top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at https://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/05/grilled-cheese-pepper-sandwiches-recipe/