Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are amazing! You would never know they are gluten free! The whole family loved these! They would be perfect for any holiday or really any day of the week! If you don’t have buttermilk add one tablespoon of white vinegar with regular milk. I also made a really delicious caramel sauce for the bottom of my pan by melting 1/4 cup butter with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 tsp Cinnamon.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
Yield 6 -8
- Dough Mixture
- 2 1/2 cups Pamela’s Ultimate Baking Mix, plus extra for the counter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cinnamon Filling
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and coat a 9-inch round baking pan or baking sheet with butter or vegetable spray.
- Make the cinnamon filling first.
- Melt the butter, then mix with the remaining the ingredients.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
- Next make the dough.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then mix with the buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and combine with a spatula or spoon.
- Use a lot of flour to coat either a large cutting board or the counter top. Turn the dough out onto the counter top and begin to flatten into a rectangle.
- The dough will be very sticky so continue to sprinkle more flour while flattening the dough.
- Make the rectangle around 12 inches long and about 8 or 9 inches wide. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and brush over the top of the dough, then spread the cinnamon mixture over the top.
- Gently pat into the dough.
- Start rolling the long end of the dough into a giant cylinder.
- After all the dough is rolled, take a knife and cut the roll into 8 sections.
- After all the rolls are in the pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brush it over the top of the rolls.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the frosting while the cinnamon rolls are baking.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in with the melted butter.
- Stir until creamy and combined.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for around 5-10 minutes, then apply frosting to the top the rolls.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: