Paula Deen’s Peach Cobbler leaves your mouth wanting more and more. This delicious cobbler was gone within 20 minutes of setting it out for my family! Everyone raved about how tasty and scrumptious it was. For me I loved how easy this recipe was to make and that I had all the ingredients on hand to make. While the peach cobbler was cooking in the oven my tummy was growling just from the aroma! It is a great dessert to bake when you are expecting company because of how cook the entire house smells.
Simply combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from the heat. Next put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter in your baking dish. Do not stir. Next spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if desired (I did). We call this magic cobbler. The batter will rise to top during baking. Watch it closely and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on doneness and browning.
I served Homemade Whipped Cream with our cobbler but you can easily use store bought whipped cream if you choose. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Regardless if you choose to serve it alone or with a topping this is a recipe that the entire family will be requesting again and again!
Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler
Yield 6 -8
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon, optional (I did use cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter.
- Do not stir.
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup.
- Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using.
- Batter will rise to top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.