Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup using left over pot roast is absolutely delish! I love making recipes that I can use leftovers up so I am not wasting food or money. I must admit that having a family of five I usually do not have many leftovers, but when I do like to to create more meals using it. For this amazing recipe I used left over pot roast from this recipe –>Crockpot Pot Roast. I pulled all the meat out and discarded any veggies left over in the juices. I put the meat and juices in a container. When I was ready to make this Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup I got the meat and juices out and placed in the crockpot.
Next I added the cans of veggies, fresh onion, potatoes and carrots and let it simmer all day long. Did I happen to mention that I also made this on Sunday while the kids and hubby enjoyed football??? I served the homemade vegetable soup along with some crusty bread with butter. It was the perfect Sunday dinner for my family. Next time you make pot roast and have leftovers be sure to make this delicious Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup! Best of all you can make this with or without the pot roast. If you want it to be a vegetarian dish just use a vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
Depending on how many people you have to feed just add more veggies to the slow cooker. I hope your family enjoys this delicious Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup as much as my family does. It is sure to be a family favorite for leftover night!
Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup
Yield 6 -8
- 1-2 lbs leftover pot roast, shredded
- 1 cup juices leftover from pot roast or beef broth
- 1 can corn
- 1 can green beans
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1-2 cups water
- Place leftover pot roast and juices in crockpot.
- Add cans of corn, green beans and tomatoes; do not drain them add juices.
- Add carrots, onion, potatoes and stir well.
- Add enough water to cover everything; stir well and place lid on top.
- Cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Stir and serve.
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Be sure to also check out —>25 Fall Crockpot Recipes