Bacon and Cheese just make everything better and that couldn’t be more true with this amazing recipe of Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats. Do you think bacon and cheese make everything better??? You are not alone because my family thinks the same exact thing! If you love grilling brats during the summer like I do, then you must try this recipe because I promise you will not be disappointed!
I love using Johnsonville Brats for their great taste and fulfilling ingredients. This year, you can also spice up your traditional backyard gathering by adding different flavors to your favorite sausage lineup with the new Butcher Shop and Griller varieties. Best of all this is a great low carb recipe! You will fall in love if you are eating Keto.
For this grilling recipe you only need a few ingredients – brats, cheese slices, bacon slices and toothpicks. Before assembling the brats you will want to soak the toothpicks in water. This helps them not catch on fire when on the grill. Soak for at least 30 minutes if not longer. When assembling the brats start by cutting a slice in the brat and stuff the cheese inside.
Next start wrapping the bacon around the brat. Avoid overlapping the bacon so it cooks evenly. Keep the bacon in place by inserting toothpicks. I use 3-4 toothpicks per brat. Once the Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats are ready, heat the grill and get to cooking! These brats are perfect for Father’s Day or any barbecue you may have this summer. Be sure to give them a try, you will not be disappointed!
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats
- 1 pkg of brats
- 3 string cheese sticks, sliced into smaller pieces
- bacon slices (about 1 to 1 1/2 slices per brat)
- toothpicks (about 3 per brat) presoak in water, this prevents them from catching fire
- For each brat, cut a lengthwise slit about 3/4 of the way through, leaving the ends intact.
- Stuff cheese tightly inside.
- Using a toothpick, secure a strip of bacon at one end of the brat and start wrapping, keeping the bacon snug but avoiding overlapping.
- If you run out of bacon before you get to the end of the brat, continue your wrapping with another half strip.
- Secure bacon with toothpicks in the center and at the end of the brat.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Place brats over indirect heat and grill first side for 4 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cooked through on that side.
- Rotate brats a quarter of a turn and repeat.
- Continue until all four sides of each bacon-covered brat are cooked.
- Remove toothpicks and serve brats on toasted buns with desired condiments.
More Grilling Recipes
Johnsonville’s new app – The Brat Signal – makes it’s easier than ever to let your friends and family know that a grilling gathering is about to start. The simple web-based app allows users to send out a virtual “smoke signal” with the grilling location and menu to Twitter followers and Facebook friends. Download the app at BratSignal.com and discover how it can help you make memories this summer as you gather ‘round the grill.