Mamaw’s Zucchini Bread Recipe is one of the best that has been handed down for lots of generations. My mother in law had lots of zucchini and made some bread. She was kind enough to share with my husband and I. But to say the truth my hubby only got a slice, I ate the rest because it was that yummy!
So of course I needed the recipe so I can add it to my bread collection. Mamaw’s Zucchini Bread Recipe is simple and you can make mini or regular size loaves. This bread is perfect for new mom’s , welcoming new neighbors or to bring to potlucks.
Mamaw's Zucchini Bread Recipe
Yield 1 loaf
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (8 1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple , do not drain can
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except zucchini in a large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in zucchini until well blended.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done (when toothpick comes out clean in middle).
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.