This post may contain affiliate links.
Each week I will try to help you stretch your food budget by showcasing 3 different ways to serve 3 main ingredients in your lunchboxes. I will use additional ingredients but will try to keep them limited to common pantry or refrigerator items. At times I will also suggest tools and techniques to help enhance your lunch packing. I have not accounted for any dietary considerations but you can swap out for Gluten Free, Nut Free or other types of products as appropriate for your family!
Peanut Butter, Apples and Celery
#1 Peanut Butter Piggies (pictured above)
- Classic peanut butter and jelly with a twist, your favorite cookie cutter! I have used a CuteZCute cutter which comes with 4 face stamps including the pig (Product linked at bottom of post). The possibilities with cookie cutters are endless; hearts, stars, moons, circles etc. I cut 4 shapes and stamped 2 with piggie faces. Sandwiches are filled with Peanut butter and jelly.
- The little trough shaped silicone cup contains 3 almond blueberry bites from NatureBox.
- I broke Veggie Flaxseed tortilla chips up into the smallest compartment.
- Finally apples and celery are cut into bite sized pieces in the last compartment. You can toss in your favorite citrus viniagrette or simply soak in cold water with a squirt of lemon juice to slow browning.
#2 PB & Apple Sushi Roll Up (pictured above)
- I spread a sandwich wrap (use your favorite) with peanut butter and layered with thinly sliced apples. I rolled up and cut into sushi sized bites. I have used food picks to secure mine but the peanut butter does do a good job holding the rolls together.
- I have added cheese slices and blueberry almond bites from NatureBox in the 2 heart shaped silicone cups.
- I have cut celery into large bite sized pieces in one compartment.
- The last compartment contains Angie’s Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn.
#3 PB Dippers (pictured below)
- I mixed one spoonful of peanut butter with one spoonful of vanilla greek yogurt to create a dip.
- I have placed apples (soaked in cold water with lemon) and celery in the large compartment to dip with.
- I added pretzels which also goes very well in the peanut butter dip!
- I added one cheese stick cut into pieces.
- Lastly I added 8 small yogurt cover star cookies as a treat (the serving size listed in the nutritional info on the package).
Always substitute for the snack of your choice and make adjustments for dietary considerations as necessary!
Please adjust portions for your family members, lunches shown in photos are just for a reference!
Tip: Remember to add crunchy snacks in the morning so they stay crunchy!
Tip: Food picks can be found in most party stores or stores with a party section. Food picks can also be ordered online.
All three lunches are shown in an Easy Lunch Box (see photo link below).
You may also enjoy:
You may also want to check out:
Here is a how to get started Menu Planning Monthly. We believe it helps us to stay on budget and cook from our Stockpile and save more!