As a former teacher I thought I would share with you 5 Gift Ideas that Teachers REALLY want. First of all let me set the record straight. We don't want apples!
I don't know how the whole "apple" themed teacher gifts started but we don't want them. Also, it is the thought that counts. Some of the most meaningful gifts I ever received as a teacher were not expensive. A heartfelt letter or card was always more meaningful to me. The simple thank you for being the teacher that changed my life, or thank you for caring about me when no one else did, or thanks for always being honest with me when no one else was are the ones that I remember.
I have relationships with a dozen or so of my favorite former students that I cherish. In fact just last week one of my favorites wrote this on my Facebook wall - "I heard today was Thank a Teacher Day. Thanks for being a wonderful teacher! I'm so blessed to still have an incredibly sweet woman in my life 15 years later!!". That thought means the world to me and literally MADE my teacher career.
5 Gifts Teachers Want:
5. CROCK-POT® LunchCrock™ Food Warmer – This is my new favorite thing! Simply fill, heat & eat! Enjoy the comfort of healthier, flavorful meals away from home with the 20-ounce Crock-Pot® LunchCrock™ Food Warmer. Warm leftovers, soups, oatmeal, and just about anything in amazing slow cooker fashion. Heat conveniently while you work for a flavorful lunch that is ready when you are. Amazing portability features include spill-proof lid, cool-touch exterior and cord storage. With a removable food storage container and lid that are dishwasher safe. We are in LOVE this gift idea. In fact we got one to use for ourselves and it literally one of our favorite things right now! MSRP: $24.99 (also it is on sale right now for $19.99).
4. Shari’s Berries Gourmet Dipped Strawberries – You can not go wrong with this gift! The delicious Strawberries are dipped in dark, milk, or white and then topped with swizzles, chocolate chips and pink shimmer sugar. If you have never eaten these they are AMAZING! Perfect if you want to surprise your kids teacher with a sweet treat! Plus it contains fruit so it is “healthy” ;-). I guarantee your kids teacher will love you for this gift! Retails: $29.99.
3. Gift Card - Seriously you can't go wrong with a gift card. It is the perfect teacher gift. I love how you can create a personalized gift with an insulated cup, nail polish, lip balm and gift card. This IS Teacher approved.
2. Manicure In A Jar - This is a gift that is perfect for summer break! Teachers enjoy their summers "off" and what better way to kick off the summer than with a manicure. This is a really popular gift idea and inexpensive to make.
1. S’mores Gift Basket - We need "s'more" teachers like you thank you gift. Again this is a great way to kick off the summer and something that teachers can have fun enjoying with their family. I actually got this last year from Peyton's teacher as a thank you for being the class room mom. It is a great way to show appreciation with something the teacher and her family can actually use.
I hope these 5 Gift Ideas that Teachers REALLY want give you some ideas. Regardless of your budget the most important thing to remember is to be sure to send your kids teachers appreciation. Regardless if that is a handwritten letter or card. They work hard and are often under appreciated.
Some additional Teacher Gift Ideas:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.