I love Valentine’s Day! It is one of the sweetest holidays around. When it comes to Valentine’s Day we often think about giving to our significant others and while that is important for sure I think that remembering your children on Valentine’s Day is just as special (if not more). Grand romantic gestures often come to mind when it comes to Valentine’s Day but making sure our children know how much we love them is so important! You don’t have to spend a fortune to remind your little ones of their importance in your heart too!
5 Ways To Make Your Children Feel Special on Valentine’s Day
1. Decorate for Valentine’s Day – We love this easy Valentine’s Day Garland that you can create and decorate with. You will more than likely have the supplies in your craft closet!
2. Start the day off with a Valentine’s Day Breakfast. Since this year Valentine’s Day is on Saturday you have plenty of time to make Valentine’s Day Pancakes (a time saving tip is make them advance and freeze them) and other fun idea is to create a Valentine’s Breakfast complete with pink milk and heart shaped cinnamon rolls. You can pick up an inexpensive table cloth to make the special breakfast complete!
3. Create a fun Valentine’s Day themed lunch for the kids. We love these chocolate covered strawberries, Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Cupcakes, Heart Shaped Carrots, and Heart Shaped Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
4. Spend time together crafting and creating. Some of the best moments we have are gathered around the kitchen table crafting together. We love this Sweet & Simple Love Bug and Valentine Butterfly project!
5. Give them a small token of love. Something that is affordable, can fit in their pocket or backpack so they can take them along wherever they go and think of you when they see the gift. This year give your kiddos something totally sweet and unique to love – give them Itty Bitty’s. They are available in a wide variety of exclusive collections featuring some of the most iconic characters from film, comics and television, so there’s sure to be a little something for everyone. Simply visit your Hallmark Gold Crown store to purchase itty bittys. Peyton loves all things Star Wars so these were a great gift for him. The retail at $6.95 for a single itty bitty and this pack was $14.95 for the set of two.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Hallmark has released five brand new collections:
- Frozen – Elsa and Anna
- Pixar – Nemo and Dory; Woody and Buzzlightyear
- Muppets – Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Animal
- Peanuts – Charlie Brown, Lucy, Snoopy and Linus
- Star Wars – Luke and Leia
Disclosure: This is sponsored post on behalf of Hallmark however all opinions are 100% my own.