Mexican Seven Layer Dip is a naturally gluten free appetizer! Just read your labels and be sure there are not hidden gluten ingredients in your beans or other ingredients. I often make my own beans from dried beans (it costs less too). Serve this delicious and easy to make recipe with Corn Chips or Fritos. It is sure to be a great game day snack or appetizer to take to parties. This recipe is also perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! It is a great tip when making this recipe.
Gluten Free Seven Layer Dip is packed full of flavor and tastes delicious. It is the perfect appetizer to make for your next party or tailgating.
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can (small) chopped black olives
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Smooth cream cheese in the bottom of a casserole dish
- Drain chopped olives as the next layer
- Brown 1 lb ground beef and drain
- Add ground beef as the next layer
- Heat 1 can of refried beans as the next layer
- Chop 1 tomato or use salsa as the next layer
- Cover with 2 cups of shredded cheese and garnish with green onions
- Heat at 350 until cheese is melted
- Serve with fritos and garnish with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired