Summer is almost here! In fact we like to say that summer starts on Memorial Day because that is the day the pool opens for us. Plus that gives us a few extra weeks too 🙂 We love spending time in the outdoors during summer. In fact we make the most of our time outdoors by eating the majority of our meals outside too. When we custom built our home we spent a lot of time designing our outdoor space. It is an extension of our living space and we have always spent a lot of time outdoors from May-September. It is important to have an inspired outdoor living space.
In the spirit of season, Sears Outdoor Living and celebrity designer Ty Pennington have teamed up to offer 7 secrets to the art of creating the perfect outdoor oasis. We love Ty Pennington (and who doesn't - he is so awesome and talented) that we wanted to share his tips with you. We also want to share with you an awesome sweepstakes at ShopYourWay.com/SearsPatioSweep where you can enter to win 1.5 million Shop Your Way points towards creating their dream outdoor space. How amazing would that be to win!
Ty Pennington’s 7 Secrets to Creating the Perfect Outdoor Oasis:
- Build your base, add over time – After envisioning your dream outdoor space, you can purchase an entire patio collection at once or build it over time, depending on your entertaining needs. Fortunately, the Ty Pennington Style Parkside Collection encompasses 20 matching outdoor necessities – from a loveseat and ottoman to a dining table, umbrella and even a resin wicker swing. It allows you to make additions to your set on your own time. The collection is now available in three colors for custom personalization.
- Get to grilling – Whether you’re a novice griller or a seasoned outdoor pro, Sears has the grills to match your space and skillset. With 40,000 BTUs of power, a side burner and two large wheels for easy maneuvering, the Kenmore 4 Burner Gas Grill with stainless steel lid is ideal of the beginning griller. If cooking for a crowd is more your style, consider the Kenmore Elite® 600 Series 4 Burner Gas Grill. With 694 square inches of total cooking area, 64,000 BTUs of power, and a cast iron side burner to cook side dishes and sauces, it’s the ideal grill for the avid entertainer.
- Welcome small spaces – Think your condo balcony or ocean-side deck is too small for outdoor entertaining? Think again. For an intimate yet eclectic look and feel, consider the extensive line of bistro and bar sets available at Sears. They are easily customizable and ideal for dining for two.
- Go green and add some color – Nothing dresses up a patio faster than plants and flowers. Many planters at Sears coordinate with our patio collections. Refresh your patio with colorful rugs, pillows and cushions. In addition, a strategically-placed patio umbrella can do more than just block the sun – it can define your entire outdoor space. After all, summer parties should create a relaxed vibe.
- Make your move, weigh your priorities – Summer is moving season. Whether you’re moving from the city to the suburbs or from a single-family home to a condo in the city, match your outdoor entertaining to the space you have. If moving to a market with extreme climates, invest in durable furniture that can stand up to the environment. Consider patio furniture with a rust-resistant steel frame, UV-resistant fabric and an all-weather resin weave like the La-Z-Boy Charlotte 4 pc. Seating Set available at Sears. This set will accommodate your guests comfortably while upholding inclement weather for years to come.
- Dine with family and friends – Party hosts know the frustration of carrying food back and forth between the kitchen and the backyard. Fortunately, the Kenmore 5-Burner Island Gas Grill with Refrigerator takes elements from the kitchen to the great outdoors. With a side searing burner, a storage cabinet, two storage drawers and a built-in refrigerator, hosts can focus on the food and their guests with fewer trips to the kitchen.
- Consider your climate – The most popular patio sets on the market are made with either aluminum or steel. Steel is heavier than aluminum but can rust over time. Aluminum is naturally rustproof and generally requires less maintenance. For added protection, make sure your patio set has a heavy duty powder-coated frame if you choose steel.
Throughout the spring and summer seasons, Sears will offer a great selection of outdoor living collections and grills, including collections from Ty Pennington Style, Grand Resort, La-Z-Boy Outdoor, Kenmore and Kenmore Elite®. This is a great time to take a few of Ty Pennington's tips and turn your outdoor space into an Oasis! For us we can't live without our grill and outdoor patio furniture. It is a must for me because I turn over the dinner preparation to my husband for the summer. Start small and invest in a few pieces as you can afford too. You don't have to do it all at once. Be sure to visit Sears.com/outdoorliving for more tips on grilling and outdoor entertaining.
Want to create your own dream patio? Become a Shop Your Way member for FREE and enter for your chance to win the Sears Patio Sweeps at ShopYourWay.com/SearsPatioSweep a chance to win 1.5 million Shop Your Way points to bring your outdoor oasis to life.
What does your dream outdoor oasis look like?