Here are 7 Tips To Save Money On Car Maintenance. With the rising price of fuel it is helpful to save on car maintenance when possible. One of the most expensive parts of owning a car is maintenance but it can be more expensive in the end if you don’t maintain your car. If you follow these tips, you can save some money in the end. It is always important to be sure that you have a maintenance check before you take a long road trip!
How Can You Save Money On Car Maintenance?
- Make sure your tires have enough air. If your tires do not have enough air, your gas mileage will start to suffer. Keeping your tires fully inflated can increase your gas mileage by 3.3%. It may be small, but considering how expensive gas is, that adds up fast.
- Change your oil on time. Keeping your oil clean is the key to keeping your car running properly. If you wait too long, you could end up causing serious damage to your car, and that $30 oil change can turn into a $300 repair job.
- Get your tires rotated. When you take your car in for maintenance, request to get the tires rotated as well. It will take a little longer, but this will prevent your tires from wearing out too quickly. If you sign up for the free rewards club at Pep Boys, they will rotate your tires for free every time you need maintenance!
- Check your gas cap. A loose or missing gas cap can cause tons of gas to evaporate as you drive. You money will literally disappear into thin air unless you fix the problem.
- Use homemade cleaners. Instead of paying for a detailing service, try making homemade cleaners to clean spots off of your car. Even washer fluid can easily be made at home, saving you a bit of money.
- Check your car often. If you carefully inspect your car from time to time, you can help prevent your car from damage. If you notice something wrong ahead of time and take care of it immediately, you can avoid the astronomical costs of a broken car.
- Wax your car. Just by simply keeping your car waxed you can save yourself some gas mileage!