All American Shortcake is the perfect dessert to enjoy on Labor Day. My family and friends love when I make this dessert for our Labor Day gathering. I also like making Homemade Whipped Cream for the top instead of buying cool whip, but you can use either one!
If I am in a pinch and don’t have time to make whipped cream I will use cool whip. This dessert travels well and you can make it ahead of time. Just keep it in the fridge until ready to use and don’t put the whipped cream on until ready to eat.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
All American Shortcake
- 2 lb strawberries rinsed and cut in halves
- 2 lb blueberries rinsed
- 1 angel food cake torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cool whip tub or fresh whipped cream optional
- In a glass bowl layer angelfood cake and fruit.
- Place cool whip on top, if desired, right before serving.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.