Amazing Homemade Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect potato side dish for most meals. This recipe is so easy to prepare and is absolutely delicious! We never have leftovers when we serve this side dish. It doesn't get better than Homemade Scalloped Potatoes. This is a great recipe for holidays and Easter. We think this is a perfect side for the Easter Ham.
We are a potato family! I know they are not the healthiest but we can pass up these Amazing Homemade Scalloped Potatoes!
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated cheese to sprinkle on top
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Be sure to check out these other Side Dish recipes:
Easter Dessert Recipes
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.