This post may contain affiliate links.
Ants on a Log are one of my children’s favorite snacks to munch on. My boys also love to help me make these and I love any opportunity to teach them in the kitchen.
Growing up as a little girl I remember having these but we always used raisins instead of chocolate chips but my boys are not to fond of raisins. So for a little sweetness we use chocolate chips instead. You can use enjoy life chocolate chips to keep this a dairy free snack.
We love to enjoy these poolside in the summer too! This is really a nice low carb snack! You can use Almond Butter too for a Paleo treat! If you are looking for a great high fat low carb snack this is it! I enjoy these often when I am carb cycling. Trust me, if feels like an amazing treat!
Ants on a Log Recipe is perfect for after school snacks!
Ants on a Log
- 2 celery stalks washed and cut in thirds
- 2 -3 Tbsp peanut butter
- handful of mini chocolate chips or raisins optional
- Spread peanut butter onto celery pieces.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
- Serve right away or keep in fridge until ready to use.
Be sure to check out these other Kids recipes:
Back To School Posts: