Apple Crumb Pie is a classic recipe that is known as the American dessert with a twist. Whenever I have an abundance of apples I love to make this dessert for a special dinner dessert for my boys. They love apple pie but they adore the crumb topping on this pie. My family also loves when I serve vanilla bean ice cream along side this delicious Apple Crumb Pie! You can serve this wonderful apple dessert warm out of the oven or once it had cooled down.
Apple Crumb Pie is DELICIOUS! So easy to make and an all american tradition.
Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Toss until apples are evenly coated.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl mix together ½ cup flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apple filling.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack or serve warm.
Be sure to check out these other amazing Dessert recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.