Apple-Rhubarb Crumble is out of this world delicious! If you have never eaten or cooked Rhubarb before I highly suggest mixing it with apples! The flavor is amazing. Everyone loves this Apple Rhubarb Crumble. I like to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is the perfect dessert when fresh Rhubarb is in season! If you haven't tried Apple-Rhubarb Crumble you are missing out! This is one of my favorite desserts in the summer!
- 6 Tbsp. butter (cut into chunks)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ pounds apples (normally 5-6 apples) peeled and cored
- 2 pounds rhubarb (6 cups uncooked) diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With your fingers mix the butter with the rest of the ingredients so that each piece is coated and you have a coarse, crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Dice the apples, and then put them in a bowl with remaining ingredients. Arrange the fruit in an 8x10 baking dish and cover with the topping. Set the dish on a sheet pan and place into preheated oven.
- Bake until the juices from the fruit is bubbling and the topping is brown, 1 hour and 10 minutes.