This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of O-Cedar as a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. The opinions and text are all 100% mine.
It is hard to believe that summer is coming to an end. I don’t know about you but my house cleaning has been neglected this summer. That doesn’t bother me though because I know that I have spent time with Peyton creating memories that will last a lifetime. Now that summer is winding down it is time for me to get back to our routine and that includes my cleaning routine too! When I think about preparing for back to school not only do I think of back to school shopping I also think of back to school cleaning. This year it is time for a new spin on back to school cleaning!
When O-Cedar reached out to us to try the EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System, I thought what perfect timing! I am just thinking about my back to school cleaning and I am in desperate need of a new mop. The O-Cedar EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System is a new SPIN on mopping that makes back to school cleaning easy and fun! What cleaning fun? It is true though!
The EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System features a hands-free wringer so with a simple press of the foot pedal, you can control the moisture level of the mop, meaning faster drying floors. I love that the O-Cedar’s exclusive spin bucket design controls the amount of water you use, making the EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System safe to use on all hard floor services, even hardwood! In fact it helped make my floors shine! I couldn’t believe how easy it was to use and my floors really did dry faster!
In April 2016, O-Cedar partnered with Research Now to survey 2,000 parents across the US about their cleaning habits and back to school cleaning routines. The survey showed moms and dads are finding it easier to keep the house clean when their kids are in school but still in search of an easy to use cleaning tool. As kids start the school year and spend more time out of the house, parents have more time to keep the house clean. O-Cedar found 68% of stay at home moms believe the most popular time of the year to deep clean is during back to school, and this fall O-Cedar wants to learn about the popular cleaning routines of families around the country.
During back to school time, 90% of stay at home moms admit they do most of the house cleaning compared to their partner. That is definitely true at our house. However, my husband is great about helping with chores and he does all of the vacuuming. 85% of stay at home moms agree it is easier to keep the house clean when their children go back to school vs. 75% of moms who work full-time. I will agree, I find it much easier to clean when I am home alone. 61% of women say they would be more likely to use a mop and bucket if “there was a hands-free foot pedal to wring out my mop”. This is why I fell in love with the EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System.
You can pick up the O-Cedar EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System for $39.99 and is available at retailers nationwide.
Back to school cleaning routines and tips:
1. Set the date. Mark the day on your calendar that you are going to do your back to school cleaning. This should be a date that you will have no disturbances or have to leave to run errands and preferably it is a day without children. I personally find the first week of school to be a great time to schedule my back to school cleaning!
2. Create your plan. Decide what you want to get accomplished and make a detailed check list. For me I choose to do deep cleaning for my back to school cleaning. I remove all of the cushions from the sofa and chairs and use my vacuum to really get a deep clean. I pull out the furniture from the walls and vacuum behind and under all the furniture. I clean all of the lighting fixtures, ceiling fan and air intake vents. I also open all of the windows and clean in the window seals with my vacuum and then clean all the windows both inside an out. I clean all the baseboards in my house and finally I deep clean all of the bathrooms and mop all of my floors. I want them so clean you could eat off the bathroom floor! Depending on the size of your house will determine how long this will take.
3. Collect your supplies. It is important to stock up on cleaning supplies and be sure that you have everything you need. I always keep rubber gloves and old rags handy too! When it comes to mopping I am a big fan of the new EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System. It features a hands-free wringer so with a simple press of the foot pedal, you can control the moisture level of the mop, meaning faster drying floors. The spinning action and easy-to-use pedal will make cleaning more fun – even kids will want to help out! It is so simple that even Peyton loves to use it! It will provide a deep cleaning experience with no more wringing out a mop and streak-fee cleaning.
4. Have fun. I know this sounds strange but crank up your favorite tunes or create a special playlist and have a dance party while you clean. If you are smiling while you clean you are going to enjoy it more. Another bonus is you are also going to burn calories while you clean. Be sure to drink plenty of water. I like to make up a batch of my favorite homemade flavored water. This is a great way to get your house ready for summer and at the end of the day you are going to be really happy that you did it. I love how clean and fresh my house feels once I am done.
5. Reward yourself. When you are finished with your back to school cleaning you deserve a reward! Take yourself out for an ice-cream to celebrate or to Starbucks for your favorite drink. You deserve it! Oh and there is NO cooking dinner the night you complete your spring cleaning. That is another part of the reward. Let someone else cook and clean up after you!
Pay It Forward:
We invite you to share a photo or video of your family’s back to school cleaning routine or your favorite cleaning tip using #OCedarB2S and O-Cedar will donate $1 to Cleaning for a Reason, a non-profit which partners with professional cleaning companies to offer free house cleanings to women undergoing treatment for cancer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of O-Cedar as a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. The opinions and text are all 100% mine.