Bacon Sour Cream Potato Casserole is an amazing side dish to most meals. My husband always gets a little grin on his face when he sees this on his plate. I love to make this dish when red potatoes are on sale at the store. I always have the other ingredients in my stockpile so this is a great go to recipe for me.
Bacon Sour Cream Potato Casserole
- 6-8 whole red potatoes quartered (leave skin on)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 3 TBSP bacon bits
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes into a strainer.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place potatoes in the dish.
- Spoon sour cream over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Slice butter and layer over mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of mixture.
- Spinkle with bacon bits.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and cheese is melted.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.