Baked Bananas with Honey and Cinnamon is one of my favorite breakfasts. So simple to prepare and good for you too! If you want you can even turn this recipe into an amazing dessert by adding a scoop of ice cream! This recipe is naturally gluten free and Paleo too!
Did you know you can Freeze Bananas? It is a great way to extend the life of the banana when you find them on managers special or they are over ripe.
If you have never baked a banana you are really missing out. I love the natural sweetness of this recipe. It is simple to make and tastes delicious.
Baked Bananas with Honey and Cinnamon
- 1 ripe Banana peeled and sliced lengthwise
- Lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- Ground cinnamon
- Line toaster oven tray with nonstick aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly brush banana halves with lemon juice. Place cut sides up on toaster tray.
- Spoon honey over banana halves and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Topping Ideas: peppermint chocolate, pumpkin spice & marshmallows, dried cranberries & dark chocolate, dried cranberries, chocolate syrup & pecans/walnuts, peanut butter & chocolate chips, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumble & marshmallows, peanut butter & jam, variety of chocolate candy bars chopped, honey & peanut butter, honey & lime.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.