This post may contain affiliate links.
We love this easy Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage. It is the perfect meal to feed a hungry family and freezes great! My family loves to see me thaw this one out of the freezer. Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage is a great freezer meal!
Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage is a great freezer meal!
- 8 ounces dry ziti pasta cooked, drained and kept warm
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage links casings removed
- 6 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 packages 15-ounce Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add mushrooms and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.