This post may contain affiliate links.
I am so excited to share this Basic Green Smoothie Recipe with you! I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class. It was awesome! I am so excited to share with you the basic green smoothie recipe from the class. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink and it tastes just a little better 😉 A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. I hope you enjoy! You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
Update: Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Basic Green Smoothie Recipe
- 3 cups water
- Large Handful Spinach
- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- 1 -2 drops of lemon essential oil or 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- You can add Stevia if you need it sweeter.
- Add 3 cups of water to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach
- Blend greens - add more greens if desired
- Add Apple (peel included - however no core) - chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- I added 1 carrot and 1 stalk of celery (chopped if you don't have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add banana (can be frozen)
- Add 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or some freshly ground lemon peel
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
And here is the green smoothie with the berries added….
Green Smoothie Recipes:
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Disclosure: We are NOT providing medical advice. Always consult your physician for medical treatment. The advice shared in this page has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.