Check out this simple recipe for Bean Salsa or as some people call it, Cowboy Caviar. It is probably my favorite salsa. I love how simple it is to make however most people can’t tell that it is made with canned ingredients. I think the fresh cilantro really gives it a great flavor too! Serve it with blue tortilla chips and you have an easy appetizer that everyone will enjoy. You can also add this to a burrito or taco! It is so nice to add the extra protein with the beans. It is naturally high in healthy carbs too.
This is a nice and healthy protein packed side that is sure to be a winner at the next party you go too. Best of all you can even serve this with a nice piece of fish for dinner too. Trust me you can’t go wrong with this easy Bean Salsa. Everyone begs for this when we go to parties. What I love is everyone thinks it is hard to make when in reality this is true dump and go appetizer recipe. It takes me literally a minute to prepare! The hardest part is waiting for it to chill before you serve it. That is how I discovered it is good room temperate too!
Bean Salsa is a really affordable appetizer recipe too. Made with a variety of canned beans and veggies you can easily pick these up on sale. I love taking this to a cookout or picnic, there is no worry for refrigeration like other salads. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Regardless of the name you know it by – Bean Salsa, Cowboy Caviar, whatever you call it, we call it delicious!
Bean Salsa/Cowboy Caviar
- 1 can Simple Truth brand black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Kroger Brand diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can Kroger Brand Mexicorn drained
- 1 can Kroger Brand black-eye peas drained
- 3/4 bottle of Kroger Brand Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro OR 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried cilantro
- Private Selection Blue Corn Torilla Chips - to serve
- 1 small can black olives chopped
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- Mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate.
- I like to serve cold but it is good at room temperature too.
- Serve with corn chips and enjoy.
Check out these Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.