Beef Pepper Steak is a family favorite! During gardening season I am always looking for ways to use my green peppers so I decided to make beef pepper steak and it is now a requested favorite that we all love. This recipe is gluten free – just be sure to use a gluten free soy sauce. I like to serve it with brown rice. It is an easy dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
Beef Pepper Steak
Beef Pepper Steak is an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup beef broth you can use chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce look for gluten free
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups of hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add steak, onions, and garlic and cook until your onions turn translucent in color and your steak browns.
- Add beef broth, salt, and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook for for 5 - 7 minutes or until peppers are cooked but not mushy.
- Combine cornstarch and water (be sure there are no lumps).
- Add mixture to pepper steak pan. (tip I like to add some of the mixture from my pan to my bowl and stir this helps with lumps, then I add that to the pan)
- Stir to avoid lumps and cook until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot brown or white rice.
Add 2 tomatoes, diced - if desired (with broth)