Beef Pepper Steak is a family favorite! During gardening season I am always looking for ways to use my green peppers so I decided to make beef pepper steak and it is now a requested favorite that we all love. This recipe is gluten free - just be sure to use a gluten free soy sauce. I like to serve it with brown rice. It is an easy dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
Beef Pepper Steak
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup beef broth you can use chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce look for gluten free
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups of hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add steak, onions, and garlic and cook until your onions turn translucent in color and your steak browns.
- Add beef broth, salt, and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook for for 5 - 7 minutes or until peppers are cooked but not mushy.
- Combine cornstarch and water (be sure there are no lumps).
- Add mixture to pepper steak pan. (tip I like to add some of the mixture from my pan to my bowl and stir this helps with lumps, then I add that to the pan)
- Stir to avoid lumps and cook until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot brown or white rice.