Beef Stew is such a comfort food to my family. I love the aroma of the house when this is simmering on the stove top. I do feel with this recipe that you need patience when cooking because this recipe takes awhile but it is worth it in the end! My boys like it when I make Sugar Cornbread to go with this delicious beef stew. I usually have to make a double batch of the cornbread or we will run out in my house.
Beef Stew is a hearty dish that the whole family will love.
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cubes beef bouillon crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed (I like to use red potatoes and I use about 6-7 medium size ones)
- 4 whole carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown.
- Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot.
- Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
- If you want it thicker - take the lid off and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I like to serve my beef stew over egg noodles.
Be sure to check out these other Soup/Stew recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.