Best Slow Cooker Roast Ever recipe is so tasty and you only need 4 ingredients and water to make it! You know by now that I love a good crockpot recipe that has few ingredients and this one is no exception. My family even said it was so scrumptious and they want me to make it again soon.
All you need is a pot roast, and then a packet of each brown gravy, ranch mix and Italian dressing mix plus water. If you want to make it a full meal you can also add in potatoes and carrots, but my family does not care for the vegetables cooked in the slow cooker, so I did not add them in. Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle the packets on top.
Add the water and you may need to add more if the roast is bigger or adjust a lower the amount if the roast is smaller. I used a 3 lb pot roast. Set the slow cooker to low and let it cook for 8-10 hours. The roast is better and more moist the longer you let it cook. Serve the Best Slow Cooker Roast Ever with your favorite sides. I served corn, biscuits and Sweet Potato Casserole.
- 2 - 5 lb. pot roast I used 3 lb roast
- .75 oz. ranch dressing dried, envelope
- .75 oz. Italian dressing dried, envelope
- .75 oz. gravy mix brown, envelope
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. water
- Place Roast in bottom of slow cooker (if using vegetables put them in first and roast on top).
- Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes (ranch, Italian and gravy) on top of the roast.
- Add the water, adjust for the size of the roast.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-10 hours until tender.
- Remove roast and if desired add 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup water to sauce in slow cooker and whisk until thick.
- Serve gravy over roast.
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine roast, gravy mix, ranch dressing, Italian dressing and into a freezer safe storage bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add to the slow cooker with water and cook as directed above.
More Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.