Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice tastes so good and cost a lot less than takeout! My husband loves to order chicken fried rice when we order Chinese, but it can be a bit expensive! I decided to make some at home and see if he liked it.
All you need for this easy Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice is six simple ingredients and 30 minutes. Yes, you can have a delicious homemade dinner meal in no time at all.
Homemade Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 pound chicken about 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce more or less to taste
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat and pour sesame oil in the bottom.
- Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture.
- Pour the soy sauce on top.
- Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
More 30 Minute Meal Ideas You May Enjoy
Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl - This is one of my favorites!
Freezer Cooking Articles
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.