This post may contain affiliate links.
Black Bean Chili is packed full of goodness and really hits the spot on a cold, winter night. I loved the addition of black beans to this scrumptious chili. My youngest son loves beans and he was calling this dinner meal “bean heaven”. This chili went great with shredded cheese on top and spaghetti pasta on bottom. This fulfilling dinner recipe will definitely be back on the menu!
Black Bean Chili
Black Bean Chili is a hearty meal that your whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- dried pasta of your choice I used spaghetti
- shredded cheese optional topping
- Sour cream optional topping
- Heat a large skillet and add ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Break up any large chunks.
- Drain fat off ground beef mixture and return to skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salsa, beans, chili powder, cumin, & oregano.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Serve chili over pasta and serve with optional toppings if desired.
Be sure to try these other recipes: