Blackberry Cobbler is one of my favorite recipes. There is nothing like a delicious dessert that is easy to make. I like to serve it with vanilla ice-cream of course! This recipe brings back the many memories of picking blackberries with my Grandparents! I would usually eat so many more than I picked. Still today, this is one of my favorite things to eat!
Blackberry Cobbler is Comfort food at it's best. I remember when I was young our church would have a meal once a month. That was one of my favorite lunches. All the homemade country cooking made me so happy! I remember always having blackberry cobbler on the dessert table. Now, this is a memory in a dish for me!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blackberries rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in ¼ cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries.
- Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls.
- Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Watermelon Rice Krispies are fun for all ages! We have them at pool parties and the kids love them!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.