- 6 chicken breasts boneless (sliced in half)
- olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces tomato sauce jarred
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms canned
- ¼ cup dry red wine (optional)
- 1 cup green pepper coarsely chopped
- Coat bottom of a skillet with olive oil, heat on stove top set to medium heat, and brown chicken.
- Drain and add chicken to stoneware.
- Combine all other ingredients with chicken.
- Place stoneware in slow cooker heating base, cover, and cook on Low for 5-7 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.