This post may contain affiliate links.
I love this easy meal Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce for busy weeknights. I like switching it up with sausage too. You could always use Chicken Sausage for less fat.
Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce
- 6 oz. dried bow tie pasta
- 12 oz. sweet Italian sausage links cut into 3/4-in. slices
- 1 whole onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 whole green yellow and/or red sweet peppers , cut into thin strips
- 1 can 14.5 oz. CONTADINA® Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz. CONTADINA Garlic & Onion Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Cook sausage and onion in large nonstick skillet until sausage is lightly browned; drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds, if desired.
Did you enjoy reading this, or did you make it yourself? Share on social media with the hashtag #SPMOMS and/or tag @Stockpilingmoms