I love this easy meal Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce for busy weeknights. I like switching it up with sausage too. You could always use Chicken Sausage for less fat.
Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce
- 6 oz. dried bow tie pasta
- 12 oz. sweet Italian sausage links cut into 3/4-in. slices
- 1 whole onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 whole green yellow and/or red sweet peppers , cut into thin strips
- 1 can 14.5 oz. CONTADINA® Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz. CONTADINA Garlic & Onion Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook sausage and onion in large nonstick skillet until sausage is lightly browned; drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds, if desired.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.