Broccoli Cheese & Rice is the perfect side dish! This is one of my favorite dishes to make when having company over. It pairs well with many meats and is fairly simple to make. I am also a huge broccoli lover and this heats up well as a leftover. It also freezes well. You could even make ahead of time and then freeze. Give this casserole a try today!
Broccoli Cheese & Rice
Broccoli Cheese & Rice is the perfect side dish! Give this one a try today!
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 packages 10 oz, frozen broccoli cooked and drained
- 1 stick butter
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups shredded cheese your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet melt the stick of butter.
- Sauté onion and garlic, until onions are tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Steam the frozen broccoli until thawed, then drain well.
- Let cool.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- It is important to allow the warm ingredients to cool before mixing everything together so the cheese doesn't melt too soon.
- When sufficiently cool, reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix remaining ingredients together.
- Put in a oven-proof baking dish or casserole dish.
- Spread reserved 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil; bake an additional 5 to 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is hot and bubbly.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.