This post may contain affiliate links.
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 boneless chicken halves
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 (10) inch spinach tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl.
- Dip Chicken in buttermilk, then roll in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in oil for 8-10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels and cut in to strips.
- In a bowl, combine hot pepper sauce and butter.
- Dip chicken strips in to mixture, coating both sides.
- Place chicken in the center of each tortilla.
- Layer with lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Bring up both sides of tortillas; secure with toothpicks if desired.
Serving size: 4
Recipe by: Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Brought to you by: